Point & Click adventures lend themselves so well to comedy. I’m thinking back to the classics such as Sam n Max, Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island, these are all timeless point n clicks with just the right amount of comedy and wry humour. Scarecrow Studio, a game developer in Barcelona are pushing their new adventure puzzle game, 3 Minutes to Midnight through Kickstarter. Chomping at the veritable bit, I can’t wait to check out what looks to be another classic game, so here’s some more info.
3 Minutes to Midnight tells the tale of Betty Anderson an inhabitant of a small town in New Mexico. As the town sleeps peacefully a large explosion tears through the silence, as the town wakes up, they realise that they have no memory of who or where they are, their memories have been stolen. It’s up to Betty, a sassy trouble-making, high-school student to figure out just what happened to everyone’s memories, and save the town from a secret Doomsday plot. Easy right?
There’s a bright and bizarre case of over fifty characters, each one with their own backstory and secret agenda’s. With striking and colourful environmental design from the same creative hands that made “Yesterday” and “Broken Sword”.
If this is something that you want to get involved in, and why wouldn’t it be, you should head over to their Kickstarter page, where your donations can get you a physical “Big Box” copy, an exclusive comic telling the story of the ambitious Mayor Barret, or a bunch of extras such as art, soundtrack, t-shirts, you can even put yourself in the game!
- An adventure game that mashes together, sci-fi, adventure, mystery and comedy.
- Complex puzzles with multiple inventive solutions and clear contextual clues.
- Two playable characters, both of whom share different views of the world.
- Multiple endings to discover
- Full English voice acting, and subtitles in English, German, French, Italian, and Spanish. (With more languages yet to come!)
- Debuting on PC, with ports to major consoles to follow.
3 Minutes to Midnight is currently on Kickstarter, if you want to throw some support (and maybe some cash) their way, go check out their official Kickstarter page here.