Shortest Trip to Earth, a new roguelike spaceship simulator developed by Interactive Fate is getting a release date of October 9th, for its Early Access launch.
Shortest Trip to Earth sees the player embarking on a dangerous mission through an unknown and procedurally generated universe. As you explore the huge space sectors you’ll discover new and exotic lifeforms, as well as take part in action packed tactical combat against hostile ships, boarding parties and weird interdimensional space monsters. At launch players will be able to experience five space sectors but more will be added once the game is launched.
Your spaceship is fully customisable. There are multiple spaceships to choose from, and it’s up to you to manage everything from the modules and perks, down to your crew’s life on board your vessel. Everything from ship weaponry to the crew’s pets are at your command.
You’ll need to be on your toes, as Shortest trip to Earth can be an incredibly short trip with the game’s rather unforgiving at times, permadeath mode.
- Master the art of survival in unexplored space!
- Traverse a procedurally generated universe full of intrigue
- Ship customisation & crew management
- Epic real-time tactical space battles
- Onboard combat, featuring hostile intruders, drones and battle-hardened pets
- Hundreds of random events with unique outcomes
- Uncover fascinating and exotic stories from across the universe
If this hasn’t got you a bit excited yet, then it’s worth knowing that after it was previewed at Gamescom 2018, it earned spots in PCGamers Best Games of Gamescon 2018 list as well Best Indie Game in WCCTech’s Best of Gamescom Awards.
For more information head over to the Shortest Trip to Earth Steam page, or stay local to TheZombieChimp.com.