Interactive Fate have revealed that their roguelike spaceship simulator, Shortest Trip to Earth is to be released via Steam Early Access, later this year. Shortest Trip to Earth is a spaceship simulator that has everything a budding Captain needs to get to grips with, space exploration, ship management, critical decision-making and surviving real-time tactical battles.
Travelling across a procedurally generated universe while an intergalactic war rages on in the background, you’ll explore giant space-vectors inhabited with weird and wonderful lifeforms. You’ll defeat hostile ships in strategic combat, even fighting the boarding parties hand-to-hand if you have to. Though it’s probably best to use a gun of some kind against all those bloodthirsty inter-dimensional space monsters when you come across them.
It’s not all about fighting to get along you’re going to need to manage and grow your ship. Modify your ship with life-saving components and choose perks to make your trip that bit easier. Choose from a number of spaceships and manage every part of life aboard the ship, from crew, pets and drones to modules and weapons.
Every journey is unique, as you encounter hundreds of multiple-choice events that will ultimately decide whether you succeed or whether you fail. Oh, and failure is permanent, that’s right Shortest Trip on Earth comes complete with permadeath.
Shortest Trip to Earth Key Features
- Master the art of survival in unexplored space!
- Traverse a procedurally generated universe full of intrigue
- Ship customisation & crew management
- Epic real-time tactical space battles
- Onboard combat, featuring hostile intruders, drones and battle-hardened pets
- Hundreds of random events with unique outcomes
- Uncover fascinating and exotic stories from across the universe