Casual Bit Games are very excited to reveal the first gameplay action trailer for their eagerly awaited indie retro-platformer. Inspired after classic retro games such as Ghouls and Ghosts, Battle Princess Madelyn follows a young knight in training, Madelyn, and her ghostly pet dog, Fritzy.
Battle Princess Madelyn is an indie retro arcade platformer game being developed by Causal Bit Games. Inspired by the classic Capcom title Ghouls n’ Ghosts, and by the developer’s daughter Madelyn, who liked to watch her father play the classic game and said she wanted to be in it. Madelyn fights her way through ghostly enemies in this nostalgic throwback to classic 16-bit console platformers.
Battle Princess Madelyn Features
- 10 detailed levels full of puzzles and platforms
- replay any stage when you want
- highly detailed hand-drawn pixel art
- complete the story how you want
- hidden collectibles
- 10 types of weapon
- 10 unique enemies per level
- Fritzi your companion, increases in power as you play
- Special weapons for puzzle solving
- Two different soundtracks
Battle Princess Madelyn has reached nearly three times its funding goal and will be released for PC (Steam and DRM-free), XBOX, PS4, Wii U, and Nintendo Switch. You can get hold of a free pre-alpha demo version of the game on Steam or IndieDB which includes 3 main stages and 2 secret stages.