Sobaka Studios and Buka Entertainment are more than happy to present their new trailer for the upcoming martial arts brawler, 9 Monkeys of Shaolin. It’s a new multi-platform style old school beat ‘em up, with the grunt of the Unreal Engine behind it.
Check out that very trailer right here…
9 Monkeys of Shaolin is a hark back to those good old days of where you spent hours upon hours playing 16 bit beat ‘em ups on the SNES and Megadrive, having so much joy in kicking seven shades of poop out of oncoming enemies.
Basically in 9 Monkeys of Shaolin you play as a Chinese fisherman, called Wei Chengh avenging the death of your friends and family who are slaughtered by a pirate raid at your ‘up-until-then’ fairly peaceful village. The game protagonist is a fairly tough cookie but he is fairly adept at fighting with his staff. Luckily for you.
- 3 unique fighting styles: fight on earth, in the air or use mysterious magic seals. Combine these elements to defeat every enemy on your way.
- Captivating narrative: discover the fascinating story of Wei Cheng and follow him as he rises from a simple fisherman to the master of Shaolin martial arts.
- Stunning visual style: unlikely combination of historical and mystical elements gives you an exciting experience from every scene appears on screen.
- Extensive character development system: you learn a great deal of ways to victory as you discover various unlockable perks, items and fighting styles.
- More than 25 different levels: Chinese villages, pirate ship, Buddhist monasteries, Japanese mansions, ancient ruins and much more.
- 10 types of Chinese and Japanese polearms, each with its unique traits. Discover the landscapes to find new items!
- Co-op play: invite your friend to help you fight through growing waves of enemies and complete the game together.
Action-packed battles, user-friendly controls and incredible atmosphere of great Kung-Fu movies of 70s – all this makes 9 Monkeys of Shaolin a pretty good choice for every true fan of retro brawlers.
9 Monkeys of Shaolin will be released Fall 2018 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Steam PC, mac OS and Linux.