If you’ve read this interview with Frogsong Studios then you may be interested to know that Spellsworn their magic-based fantasy MOBA, is about to cross a very significant milestone and head into Alpha, version 0.8.
The move to alpha, from a development perspective this is a very good thing but more importantly (and slightly more selfishly) this means that Spellsworn gets a whole load of new game features, skins and general improvements to the core game for all us players. Hoorah!
So, what exactly should we expect to see in the Alpha version of Spellsworn?
Well, firstly if you’re a Johnny no-mates like me (I’m kidding… Well half-kidding) you can now add AI controlled bots into the game to fight against or to boost your numbers in a match with your friends. You can add them with one of three levels of difficulty, so you can really punish them or yourself depending on how you feel.
The full list of everything they’ve added is below…
- Added: Bots – pit yourself against AI-controlled, soulless opponents, available with three difficulty levels!
- Added: Level up rewards – new rewards have been added for reaching level milestones
- Added: Staves – 17 new staves have been added to the game
- Added: New Skins – 3 new skins have been added – Outcast, Arbiter and Enthralled
- Added: Non-damage dealing spells can still give you Assist.
- Renamed the ‘Standard Chest’ and the ‘Standard Key’ to ‘Plain Chest’ and ‘Plain Key’.
- Improved the Customization Menu
- Added: New skin icons
- Updated existing skin icons
- Added: ‘Item dropped’-notification in the main menu
- Newly dropped items have a small exclamation point icon attached to them.
- Fixed multiple crashes
- All players can now use the Invite button in lobby (previously only the host could invite)
- All players can now see connection messages in the chat (previously only the host could see)
- Fixed a bug causing player characters getting stuck in a T-pose.
They haven’t finished yet either, so expect to see even more changes, additions and improvements to Spellsworn over the coming weeks.