If you’re a fan of Hearthstone, then you may know that patch 4.2.0 has been released. The patch brings you more decks, a few card tweaks and the chance to get a new Paladin Hero, Lady Liadrin.
Well, the full 4.2.0 patch notes are below, so you can have a good read but I’ll briefly discuss the two major parts of the Hearthstone patch as I see them, Lady Liadrin and the new decks.
Hearthstone New Hero Portrait
In order to unlock the Paladin portrait, Lady Liadrin, all you have to do is raise a character to level 20 in World of Warcraft, simple. You don’t even have to subscribe to Wow as characters created by way of the trial edition will also work. It’s worth noting that the portrait and World of Warcraft Achievement (Fledgling Hero of Warcraft) are not given retrospectively, so even if you have 50 level 100’s you’ll still need to create one more to get these goodies.
Hearthstone More Decks
Apart from raising the number of decks you can have from 9 to 18, they’ve also added a couple of pre-made decks for each class. So, when you’re creating a new deck, you can try out a different style of deck. If you don’t have all the cards available for a deck, you have the option to replace them with cards you do have. Each class has a basic deck, 2 style decks and a fourth option of creating a purely custom deck. Some more options in your Hearthstone, before everything changes with the new game styles to be introduced.
Read on for the full Patch list for Hearthstone 4.2.0
Full Patch Notes
Pre-purchase Whispers of the Old Gods
Pre-purchase a “Whispers of the Old Gods” 50 card pack bundle from the in-game shop and unlock a special card back. Whispers of the Old Gods packs cannot be opened until the expansion launches, which will be before May 31, 2016, however, the card back is available immediately!
Unlock up to 18 deck slots!
Gain access to 9 other deck slots by unlocking all nine Hearthstone Heroes, bringing your total number of deck slots to 18.
If you’ve already unlocked all nine Heroes, your new deck slots are waiting for you in the Collection Manager: just delete or edit the Basic decks you’ll find in your deck list.
Many improvements have been made to the Collection Manager.
- Deck Recipes are now available in the Collection Manager. Use Deck Recipes to quickly experiment with some new deck ideas.
- Right-clicking on card backs in the Collection Manager reveals an improved display. So fancy!
- When building decks, the “Suggest a Card” feature is now smarter about its recommendations.
- It is now possible to search for cards with new search terms, including Attack, Health, Cost, Golden, etc.
- A more complete listing of all the new functions will be revealed in an upcoming blog.
- We have begun preparing for the arrival of Standard and Wild formats with new UI elements.
- Liadrin – The new Paladin hero is obtained through an upcoming World of Warcraft promotion.
- Hearthstone has been localized into Thai. Players around the globe can now enjoy Hearthstone in 14 different languages!
The following card backs have been added:
- Hogger – Acquired at the end of the month by reaching Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of March 2016.
- Eyes of C’Thun – Acquired by pre-purchasing Whispers of the Old Gods.
- Overwatch – Acquired by purchasing the Overwatch: Origins Edition.
- Bonuses provided by Enrage effects now work correctly after a minion’s Attack and Health values have been swapped
- [iPads with iOS 9.0.2+] Resolved an issue that could cause Hearthstone to crash when launched with the device held in certain orientations
- [Android] Resolved visual issues that could occur with the League of Explorer’s card back and after League of Explorer matches on Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge+ devices.
- Resolved various issues with AI behavior and gameplay
- Fixed various audio, graphical, and UI issues