This part of the blog is dedicated to my journey to become a professional writer. From little more than a bucket full or enthusiasm and some wild and near-insane ideas I’m going to make a career from writing.
I don’t mind what I write at this stage. it could be online or offline, fiction or non-fiction, articles, reviews, copy-writing, ghostwriting, I’m willing to write anything for anyone. I can narrow down my options later.
Oh, and note the term ‘make a living’. I’m not trying to be JK Rowling or Dan Brown, I just don’t want to be a drain on my girlfriend’s wages.
Every time something happens to help or hinder me on my new career, I’ll write a post. This means that when I learn something my readers can to.
The start of this is going to coincide with the beginning of NaNoWriMo a.k.a. November 1st 2011. This will start with NaNoWriMo related posts and then branch off into the career focused ones.
Wish me luck.
Writing Lesson posts
- April 2013 Writing Update (1st May, 2013)
- February 2013 Writing Update (Feb 28th, 2013)
- January 2013′s Writing Update (Jan 31st, 2013)
- Planning Stories by Interrogation (Jan 28th, 2013)
- Writing Objectives for 2013 (Jan 4th, 2013)
- 2012, a Critical Review of my Year (Jan 2nd, 2013)
- Writing Stuff: A Quarter 3 Update (Oct 8th)
- World Building with a Wiki (Aug 13)
- Writing Stuff: A Quarter 2 Update (July 2nd)
- Writing Stuff: A Quarter 1 Update (April 3rd)
- Novel Writing Tips: 5 Ways to Know Your Characters (Mar 20th)
- Novel Writing: Taming the First Draft (Feb 29th)
- Resolutions for Writing, 2012 (Jan 2012)
- The 10 things I learned from NaNo
- NaNoWriMo Days 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23
- Building my World (Oct 27th, 2011)
- Another Protagonist Story (Oct 21st, 2011)
- More Character Building for NaNoWriMo (Oct 18th, 2011)
- Fleshing out my Protagonist for NaNoWriMo (revision 1) (Oct 15th, 2011)
- Fleshing out my Protagonist for NaNoWriMo (Oct 13th, 2011)
- The Road to Writing – History (Oct 12th, 2011)