Get ready to jump back into the “roguelike rhythm” genre
This week, Brace Yourself Games, the developer of the popular indie game, Crypt of the NecroDancer released a new trailer and details for Crypt of the NecroDancer: AMPLIFIED, the DLC prequel to the original game. You can check out the trailer below.
AMPLIFIED is now in early access and has already started receive positive reviews. If you’d like to check it out you can head over to its Steam page here. It is one of the few times we have seen DLC in early access and it does look worth a look.
Some of AMPLIFIED’s key features include
- A whole new zone full of nefarious new enemies!
- A powerful new vampiric protagonist: Nocturna!
- New weapons, armor, and other loot
- Pet-like “familiars” that stay by your side and help you fight!
- A new story cutscene and a new boss battle
- Over 20 new tracks have been added to the soundtrack, including vocals from Mega Ran as “FortissiMole”!
- A completely new playable OST remix of the entire game, created by OverClocked ReMix
- Additional DLC remixes for Zone 5 from FamilyJules, A_Rival, Virt, and Girlfriend Records!
The developer has also stated plans for more content in the future, including more playable characters, more game modes, additional story cutscene, as well as other exciting additions.
Crypt of the NecroDancer was originally released on PC back in 2015 to both critical and fan praise. The game was release on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in 2016 and has done well on both systems. This new DLC should excite fans and newcomers looking to get into the “roguelike rhythm” genre
Crypt of the NecroDancer: AMPLIFIED is available now on Steam Early Access for PC, Mac, and Linux, for $6.99.
For video game news, game reviews, and engaging editorials be sure to check out the rest of The Zombie Chimp!