Do you remember Gauntlet? Well Space Jammers is like that. Except instead of warriors and mages you have Space Pirate kittens flying through space defeating monsters to fund their rock band. OK, I guess it’s not like Gauntlet really except for they’re both top-down shooters for 1-4 players. Not that the characters in the original Gauntlet wouldn’t make a terrific rock band they just had other priorities and all so it was never really a major plot point.
Where was I? Oh yes. The Space Pirate kittens in Space Jammers have to travel through space-time defeating all the various and randomly generated bosses in order to get to the Galactic Battle of the Bands and become the true Kings of Rock.
They boast the features as…
- Single Screen Local Co-Op Multiplayer (1-4)
- Revive your fallen comrades
- Bullet Time
- Random Level Generation
- Lots of weapons, items and skills
- Level up to gain powerful abilities
- Randomly generated Bosses
- Keyboard/Mouse and XBox, Playstation, USB/Bluetooth Controller Support
There is still a lot of work to do, as this baby is still in Pre-Alpha, but with each update they throw in more and more features. At the moment you can only play multiplayer locally, but hopefully online multiplayer will be added later.
If you want to try the demo you can get it (http://gamejolt.com/games/space-jammers/84227) for however much you want to pay, as long as it’s more than 50c, and it’s clearly worth more than that.
If you want to contribute to the development of Space Jammers check out their Kickstarter campaign here. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spreadshotstudios/space-jammers-cooperative-party-shooter
Of course, there are all these other ways to get in contact with those fine chaps and chapesses at Spread Shot Studios
- Twitter (https://twitter.com/SpreadShotDev)
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/spreadshotstudios)
- YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD32kli1gFB2FvAh_CPHNqA)
- Website (http://spreadshotstudios.com/SpaceJammersGame.html)