I’ve posted a lot about Indie Games Development recently. There was this post for a start. Then, and a little more relevantly, I posted about the first annual MomoCon indie game awards, which is taking place at the end of this month.
Well, out of a list of over 120 entries, they have finally shortlisted this down to twenty finalists. All of which are listed below.
So, with that in mind, scroll down to the press release below, click on those links and start trying out as many of those indie games as you can.
If you’re lucky enough to be able to get to Georgia in Atlanta, why not head over and see the awards. Find out for yourself which five development teams will be lucky enough to win…
- $1000 Prize
- 10 x 20 Exhibit Space
- Dedicated Panel
- Highlighted placement in the newsletter going to tens of thousands of gamers
- Glass Trophy
You can find out more information about MomoCon, here.
MomoCon Indie Game Awards Finalists Revealed
Twenty indie games were chosen from a pool of more than 120 entries to compete for one of the top five prizes at the first annual MomoCon Indie Game Awards. Each of the twenty titles selected as finalists will be playable for the tens of thousands of gamers at MomoCon 2015, taking place Thursday – Sunday, May 28 – 31, 2015 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta.
These twenty games stood out as being exemplary of the innovation and passion that indie game development represents:
- Among the Sleep, Krillbite Studio (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Avoid It, Studio RO (iOS, Android)
- Back to Bed, Bedtime Digital Games (iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Checkpoint Champion, Protostar Games (Windows, iOS, Android, Windows Phone)
- Chronology, Osao Games (Windows, iOS, Android, Windows Phone)
- Createrria Incuvo (iOS)
- Doctor Who: Legacy, Tiny Rebel Games (iOS, Android, Facebook)
- Dyscourse Owlchemy Labs (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Hay Ewe, Rocket Rainbow (iOS)
- Just Shapes & Beats, Berzerk Studio (TBD)
- Keebles, Burnt Fuse (Windows, Mac)
- Lumini, Speelbaars (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Not a Hero, Roll7 (Windows, PS4, PS Vita)
- Reassembly, Anisoptera Games (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Rollers of the Realm, Phantom Compass (Windows, PS4, PS Vita)
- Shadow Puppeteer, Sarepta Studio (Windows)
- Spaera, Blazing Orb (Windows)
- StarCrawlers, Juggernaut Games (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- STASIS, The Brotherhood (Windows, Mac)
- The Talos Principle, Croteam (Windows, Mac, Linux)
Five winning entries will be announced in an awards ceremony on Saturday, May 30, 2015. Gamers who want to see the action, but cannot make it to MomoCon, can watch the ceremony live at 5PM EST on http://www.twitch.tv/MomoConTV
Developers of those titles will receive:
- $1000 Prize
- 10 x 20 Exhibit Space at MomoCon 2016
- Dedicated Panel at MomoCon 2016
- Highlighted placement in a MomoCon newsletter going to tens of thousands of gamers
- Glass Trophy
“It was very difficult to narrow down the top twenty from a group of submissions that showed so much creativity and talent” said Chris Stuckey, CEO, MomoCon. “We look forward to having a strong indie presence at MomoCon in addition to the numerous panels from AAA developers.”