Robin Hawke has bestowed upon me the honour of the Kreativ Blogger Award. Robin was helpful to me during NaNo, and I continue to follow her (not in a stalker way of course) and read her many six-word and three sentence stories.
But with great honour comes great responsibility, and it falls upon me to nominate some blogs for this reward myself. I am going to nominate The Happy Logophile, and Louisesor because they both commented and shared with me some words of advice during this years NaNoWriMo, and PS Home Gazette because they were kind enough to make me an affiliate of their site.
So thanks everyone.
Now the responsibility falls to you (I know it’s a bit of a chain-letter thing, sorry)
Kreative Blogger Rules
- Thank the blogger that gave you the award AND create a link back to their blog.
- Leave a comment about the blogs you have chosen.
- Post the award on your own blog.
- Share something about yourself.
1-3 are easy, but 4? Share something about myself? This one is not so easy, and I wouldn’t be able to compete with the fantastic words written by Robin. So instead I trawled the net for an ‘interesting things about me’ questionnaire and answered that below.
1. Can you gleek (on purpose)?
I don’t even know what gleeking is. Hang on……Oh it’s that accidental yawn spitting thing. So no, not on purpose.
2. When’s the last time you did a somersault?
Never done it. I can’t even touch my toes.
3. When’s the last time you ran as fast as you could?
Similar situation, nothing can be gained from me looking that stupid. So it must have been in a Sports day at school a couple of decades ago.
4. What’s your earliest memory?
Getting He-Man’s Castle Greyskull on my 6th birthday.
5. Have you ever broken a bone? If so, which?
Nope, never broken anything. Though a mate of mine did accidentally hit me in the temple with a rock when I was young.
6. Do you use dental floss, visit the dentist regularly, and are you afraid of dental procedures?
Don’t floss (though I know I should), haven’t visited the dentist in a year or so, but not really afraid of dentists had four teeth pulled out when I was young and the anesthetic hadn’t quite worn in.
7. When’s the last time you used an audio cassette?
About 15 years ago, some mix tape most likely.
8. When’s the last time you used a video cassette?
A few months ago, I watched Spawn on video. It hasn’t made it to my DVD collection yet.
9. Have you ever been robbed?
I’ve been mugged for around £5.30, but never robbed thankfully.
10. Can you swim? If not, would you like to learn?
Yep, can swim. I haven’t done it for a while so I don’t look very lithe and athletic when I do it.
11. Can you sing? Do you ever? Do you like to?
Not really to all three.
12. What’s the longest you’ve owned (and worn, if only occasionally) a pair of shoes?
Pair of black cons for about 6 years.
13. Have you ever met a celebrity? If so, who?
I once met the Duchess of Kent, and saw Reeves and Mortimer going into a pub, but I didn’t meet them in the strictest sense.
14. When’s the last time you had a nosebleed?
About a fortnight ago.
15. What’s the farthest point you’ve traveled to? (give distance and/or time involved if possible)
Florida, so about 2300 miles away 7 hour flight, I think.
16. What wild animal would you like to get close to if you knew it wouldn’t hurt you?
Polar Bear, never has something so fluffy been so dangerous.
17. Have you ever tried growing your own fruits and/or vegetables?
Yep, I do that now. They mostly worked but we grew some rude looking carrots
18. What is your heritage?
English. There’s a bit of Irish in there from a few generations back but I think the only irish gene’s left in me are for my hair.
19. When’s the last time you held your breath?
20. If x is 4 and y is 2, what would z be in this: x + y – z = h?
Algebra. I haven’t done this in a while. Well, as we don’t know H we can’t express z as a number only as a function so if h = 4 + 2 – z, then h=6-z or h+z =6 or z = 6-h.
21. Have you ever locked yourself out of something?
Yeah, I think I’ve locked myself out of my house a couple of times but my flat-mate was in at the time.
22. What are the Seven Laws of Woo?
What? Nope don’t know. *Alt-tabs back to Wikipedia* It’s a song title on Praxis first album called Transmutation (Mutatis Mutandis).
23. Have you ever appeared on stage, on TV, on the radio or in a newspaper?
Nope, not yet anyway. Well not as an adult. I’ve been in school plays and so on but they probably don’t count.
24. What does your name mean? (http://www.paulsadow…com/numbers.asp
This website no longer exists unfortunately but it seemed to be quite accurate, here’s a snippet.
25. When’s the last time you went to a hospital? Visiting someone, or was it for you?
I was visiting my 94 year old Grandmother
26. How long has it been since you last cried?
Nope, not touching this one… ;p
27. Have you ever received a trophy or some other award?
Apart from the Kreativ Blogger award? Nope.
28. If you could have dinner with any person in history, what would you eat?
I assume this should be who with and what would we eat. Well it would be Oscar Wilde and we’d have Deep Pan Pizza. I’m curious to know what he’d think about it.
29. When’s the last time you climbed a ladder?
About a week ago to put something in the loft.
30. What’s the longest time period you’ve spent playing video games straight through?
About 18 hours straight for many days on end. It was when World of Warcraft first came out and I didn’t have a girlfriend to otherwise distract me, so whole swathes of my time was lost to this one.